Monday, 19 September 2016

Marking student videos

Today in class we looked at some student videos and were asked to mark them to a mark scheme we were given. The first video we watched was:

I decided that the video was quite good and matched the genre of the song very well. However it did have a very 'edgy teen' feel, and had a very clique storyline, which explored typical teenage issues e.g bullying. There is a large variety of shots used, and the video is high quality, with smooth camerawork. Therefore I marked the video at a mid level 4.

The shooting material was appropriate to the task set, and fit the genre of the music quite well, therefore I gave them a level 4 for this.
They also used very good framing and shots which looked professional and I gave them a level 5 for this and also varied shot distances that worked well with the genre. The filming was also steady where appropriate and therefore they gained a level 5 for this also.
Mise-En-Scene was at a level 3 for this piece, as they chose very 'school boy' costumes and themes, and I feel that the school boy look and school boy issues didn't really work with the genre. However the lighting and dark atmosphere matched the narrative of the video well.



The next video we watched was called Insomnia.


This video fit the convention

No comments:

Post a Comment