Sunday, 19 June 2016

What Music Means to Me.

When I was younger I grew up listening to Skate Punk, or Soft Rock music. The bands I used to enjoy listening to and remember well were Blink 182 and Sum 41. Two of my favorite songs were Fatlip by Sum 41 and Rock Show by Blink 182. However the main reason I began listening to this genre of music was due to the 'Tony Hawks Pro Skater' game series which were released between 1999-2004, and so they were one of the first games I ever played, and so I remember them well. Which had songs such as BYOB by System of a Down on the game soundtrack, this was the game that got me into Skate Punk music when I was younger.



Growing up one of the most influential songs to me was Green Day's 'American Idiot.'. American Idiot was the very first album I ever bought with my own money, I remember having to ask my mum to get it for me because I was too young to buy it.



 Recently I have got back into skating, and so the music I listen to changed from mainstream artists such as Drake, to older style Punk Rock bands and Metal, such as Of Mice and Men and Bring me The Horizon. This year I went to the Slam Dunk Festival 2016. And there I watched Of Mice and Men perform two of their most popular songs 'Bones Exposed' and 'Would You Still Be There'.

 

1 comment:

  1. What is the connection between skating and music? What was your first favourite song?

    ReplyDelete