Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Digipak Peer Feedback

Below there are a lot of feedback that are very useful. We were looking for just constructive criticism and we have been some really useful points that we can implement straight away. For example, the criticism on the lies and how we should use our 'iuris' sketch we are already working on. This with the criticism without any spines. We have taken this criticism on board and we tried to keep the black and white theme aswell with the iuris name down the side.
We needed this feedback because we had lost all motivation and we didn't know what to improve, this feedback that people have spent time on has helped us see what we are clearly missing, in order to reach the higher marks we need to use this to gain an advantage.


The digipak looks good with the two tone black and white. Using the opposite colour font on there looks good as well. The pictures all link back to the music video as well. 8


• Like the colours
• What’s with all the lies stuff??
• Cant really read the text on song names
• Like CD
• 6/10


I think there needs to be a big title with the name of the artist because it is hard to see and you wouldn’t really be able to know who the artist is. There is no spines. I really like the black and white theme. The images and the writing surrounding the images is really interesting and it looks independent and original. I like that the images have colour in them but they may look better with black and white images with little colour in them. It is very consistent and it is appealing to the target audience.

The theme you have going throughout is consistent and the pictures you have used are bright and fit together well. I also like the way you have contrasted black and white with the bright pictures.
However the borders are a bit too thick, so you can’t see the actual pictures and song titles as well as you could. Also you are missing spines??? And why lies?
8/10


Really like the colour scheme, matches with music video and synergy. Like the repetition of ‘Lies’ , as a constant reminder. However, it is a little busy and there are a lot of colours used, maybe remove a few colours? I really like the black and white border and CD section. (High level 3)


I really like your digiack! I think it is really unique and different and fits well with your video and your website. I really like all of the pictures you have used as none are in the same location yet they are similar because the artist is wearing the same clothes. As your artist is quite ‘hipster’ I think you have showed this in the digipack. I really like all of the writing around all of the images as I think it is very unique and different.

Love the funky style to your digipak, makes it really interesting to look at.
I think the pictures should possibly need to be bigger as it makes them harder to really see them.
LOVE the CD.
LEVEL 3

The continuous theme of the ‘lies’ throughout and alternative random images create an interest. Also, I feel that each image throughout the digipak compliments each other which is vital on a digipak. However, I’m confused on why there is a rainbow effect around the CD.
Iuris:
Include close up photos of the artist to promote him more. However the graphic are great.
8

Feedback from real music video director
Nice sin city inspired effect. Some nicely composed shots. Quite an artistic and unusual perspective at the beginning - really liked that. 0:45 transition is nice and homage to Sinatra. Nice idea with the CD’s at 1 minute - really nice how it reflects the lyrics once again. 1:27 - lovely idea with the iPhone. Another strong piece all together, definitely up there with “Ivory”


Feedback from ex student
Iuris first draft: love the colour effects! some of the transitions are really clever like the one at 1:40. super into the shot of the graveyard over the line “i aint scared of living.” i like the phone shot zoomed in and becoming real but i’m not sure if it works the second time, it gets a bit product placement-y in my opinion? but very original!

No comments:

Post a Comment